Grade II* listed cinema in Walthamstow is being turned into a 950-seat multi-purpose entertainment venue in the style of an old-fashioned East End music hall. The refurbishment will include reshaping the seating and stage to allow performances with improved sightlines, while original features including the ziggurat ceiling and the building’s frontage will be restored to their former glory.
Our BIM Coordinator Karol is busy working on the designs for the renovation of the Grade II* listed building, Walthamstow Theatre. The plans are being developed and we are looking forward to seeing them brought to life. The new facility will be run by Soho Theatre and is expected to open in 2023.
The new venue will be a high-profile, high-quality cultural offer in the borough, offering:
• A selection of the best live comedy, music, and theatre, from all over the UK and beyond
• One-off film events and streaming of major cultural and special events
• A buzzing bar and foyer where artists, audiences and locals can meet and mingle together
• A restaurant catering for the local community and visiting audiences
• Community and outreach programmes